The St. Lawrence Fitness Centre is a first class facility. Newly renovated and extended, the fitness Centre allows students and non-students to be active, enhance their physical health and help athletes to perform at their best.
The room is also used for Physical education class and is under the supervision of well trained and experienced teachers who are glad to help students in their personal workout objectives.
With its four areas, the SLC Fitness Centre meets the needs of all.
- 3 Treadmills - 2 Elliptical Machines
- 10 Exercise Bikes - 3 Stairmasters
- 1 Rower Machine
Strength Equipment Area
With 12 TechnoGym apparatus, students have plenty of exercises to workout each part of their body.
Free Weights Area
The new free weights area is part of the newly renovated Fitness Centre. By doubling the space, users now have the chance to use weights with more freedom. Also, two weightlifting stations have been added to meet the requirements of the CrossFit Physical Education course and help performance workouts.
Spinning Room Area
This new room is now a spectacular and ambiance-full way to bike and increase your cardio. This 24 bikes spinning room is used for class and will eventually be open to spinning classes at night.
FITNESS CENTRE SCHEDULE
Exceptionally, the fitness centre will be closed for the summer due to renovations as of June 10th 2019. We are sorry for any inconvenience. For more information, contact us 418-656-6921 ext 211.
Monday to Friday 7:30 to 22:30
Saturday and Sunday 12:15 to 17:30
The fitness centre will be CLOSED on the following dates and any other day that the building is closed:
- New Year's Day January 1
- Good Friday*
- Easter Monday *
- National Patriotes Day *
- Jean Baptiste Day June 24
- Canada Day July 1
- Labour Day *
- Thanksgiving Day *
- Christmas Day December 25
* These dates may change from one year to the next.
- You must have your Student ID Card at all time. Security guard may ask for your card at any time. You will be asked to leave if you do not have it.
- Use the equipment safely and appropriately
- Re-rack your weights (neatly!)
- Wipe down the machine after you use it
- No loud music or yelling
- Appropriate language
- Bottle required, NO GLASS
- Use lockers for your bags
- Wear sport clothing and shoes
For non-student memberships, please see the Student Activities Department in room 272.