Our men's rugby team is a member of the RSEQ North-East conference division 3. The league is currently composed of teams from the Quebec/Chaudière Appalaches regions and play rugby 7's
HEAD COACH BILL MCNEIL
Welcome back to Bill McNeil, an ambassador in our region as a rugby coach and mentor. Bill has a solid background. He will bring lots to our athletes, but also to the young coaches that recently joined the coaching staff
- One of the original Concordia University players in 1977 and started programs at QHS, SSF, Champlain St. Lawrence, Rouge et Or; helped found the Rugby Olympique Club de Québec in 1988, Ste. Foy Celtic Rugby Club in 1996, and the high school and CÉGEP leagues in Québec city in 1989 and 1994
- RSEQ University Coach of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2012
- CIS Coach of the Year 2005
- Has worked with Rugby Québec, Rugby Canada and World Rugby in coach and referee development for 20 years
ASSISTANT COACH JOVICK ROY
Jovick recently graduated from St. Lawrence and has decided to join Bill McNeil at the position of Assistant Coach. Thank you Jovick for continuing to be part of our family!
- Former member of Team Québec R7 U18
- Captain during the St. Lawrence 2018-2019 season
- St, Lawrence Alumnus
Team try-outs are open to any SLC student and are held in the first week of classes in August.
The team practices two times per week. Practices take place on one of the Laval University fields.
The season is played in tournament format. The games are held on four Sundays in the Fall semester from mid-September until the third week of October.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach