New and returning coaching staff (1)
Champlain St. Lawrence is very happy to present returning and new members of the Lions coaching staff for the 2019-2020 academic year.
JUSTIN ROBERT – WOMEN’S BASKETBALL D2 (HEAD COACH)
The Women’s Basketball team is very happy with the return of Justin Robert. Justin is at his 11th year with the Lions and brings expertise and knowledge to our student-athletes.
- 2009-Present: Champlain St. Lawrence Women’s Basketball Coach (D1 & D2)
- 2015-2019: Université Laval Women’s Basketball Assistant Coach
- 2006-2010: Quebec High School Boys Basketball Coach
BILL MCNEIL – RUGBY (HEAD COACH)
Welcome back to Bill McNeil, an ambassador in our region as a rugby coach and mentor. Bill has a solid background. He will bring lots to our athletes, but also to the young coaches that recently joined the coaching staff.
- One of the original Concordia University players in 1977 and started programs at QHS, SSF, Champlain St. Lawrence, Rouge et Or; helped found the Rugby Olympique Club de Québec in 1988, Ste. Foy Celtic Rugby Club in 1996, and the high school and CÉGEP leagues in Québec city in 1989 and 1994
- RSEQ University Coach of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2012
- CIS Coach of the Year: 2005
- Has worked with Rugby Québec, Rugby Canada and World Rugby in coach and referee development for 20 years
JULIEN MARCHAND – GOLF (COACH)
The golf program can count on Julien Marchand to take care of our golf student-athletes. Julien has been with the program for several years.
- Professional status: Canada PGA candidate
- Education: Université Lav, studying Phys Ed.
- Professional education: Club fitting (The Oven, Nike), Putting (SAM PuttLab Level 3)